Today I will be writing about one of the most important concerns that we all have while travelling: Saving money!
I believe in Budget/affordable travelling and save money where ever i can while I am on my feet.
So, I thought to mention few things that I do to make my trip affordable here. Well, below they are:
- Use public transportation where ever you can
- Always carry some food with you— both for the plane and the trip
- Book hotel rooms that include breakfast in the price
- Don’t eat in areas that are close to tourist destinations
- Fly Midweek within the country
- Know the local holiday calendar: it can help you plan your local commute in a much better and cheaper way.
- Buy local sim card and do not rely on international roaming on your Indian operator: Keep a tab on phone roaming costs
- Weigh your luggage in advance
- Don’t open the mini bar
- Don’t over-tip: I did this once on a trip and regretted it so much later!
- Go street and local shopping
- Don’t go to shops suggested by your guides or driver: Again I really suffered once because I was trying to be nice! And boy, I ended buying stuff for $300 that was of NO-USE to me!
- Carry a Reusable Water Bottle
- Always withdraw money; never exchange.
- Don’t try to go everywhere on your list in one trip.
Create a budget and stick to it!
The biggest costs in traveling are transport and accommodation. If you can figure out these 2 things before your trip starts: you are sorted out!
Traveling is a very personal experience. Two people can visit the same place, but can have different perceptions of their experience.
Do comment if you think I have missed out something!